Show me an example Saintjohnrailfan's Ultimate Adventures: Saturday In Hampton

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Saturday In Hampton

On Saturday, I decided that I wanted to catch 405 going by Hampton, NB. After hearing their clearance, I putted around the house for about 15 or 20 minutes, then ventured out for gas, then out to Hampton. I knew that based on past experiences, it's close to an hour before the train goes through. Sure enough, after arrival, I waited approximately 20 minutes before the train came around the corner.



Two things I noticed. First off, 405 had 5 units on the train, as the last unit 7060, is a local engine which works in Saint John. Upon further investigation, it's most likely the engine had to go up to Montreal for servicing. The second thing was that 405 had tripped the hotbox detector. After the reading, you can somewhat see the train begin to slow down.

No comments: