Show me an example Saintjohnrailfan's Ultimate Adventures: It's Definately Been Awhile

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

It's Definately Been Awhile

Howdy folks,

Well, what can I say, it's been a while since I last made a post here. I'm finding it hard to keep this up to date. It's tricky because most of railfanning that I do is around the Saint John area, so after a while, it becomes somewhat repetitive. Hence, it seems rather pointless to keep making a blog entry for each train that I see, since most of them will be similar.

After a crashed computer and a newly purchased one, I've been able to get into Microsoft Train Simulator. It's such a great game because there are so many different things which can be done, including engine and rolling stock add ons.

Here is a video which I recently shot using Fraps, a game recording software. This consist was created by myself. CN with 8828, 5520, 8000, 2552, 2500 & 5333 for power haul 162 intermodal cars North on the Bala Sub. The first set of containers on the load resemble alot of the intermodal containers which you would see in Canada & the Maritimes. It was a rolling stock download which I got from Train-Sim.com. As well, after searching desperately, I was finally able to find a horn to match the SD70M-2 8800's engines which CN has. Although it's just a game, it sounds like the real thing!




Here's another video which I shot on Rememberance Day, of CN 405 leaving Saint John. Power was 5277, 5338 and 5771.



That's about it for now. Lets hope that I can somewhat do a better job of keeping this up to date.

-Matt

1 comment: