Show me an example Saintjohnrailfan's Ultimate Adventures: Moncton on Saturday - Part 1

Monday, June 15, 2009

Moncton on Saturday - Part 1

The CN Safety Day was going on this past Saturday, so I decided to venture up to check out the activities. Although I didn't go up to Moncton as early as I normally would have. I was awake at 4:00am, showered and was ready to hit the road by 4:30. A quick glance at my email, I discovered that CN 406 passed by Petitcodiac at around 2:30am. I know that it takes about 2 hours for the train to get to Rothesay from there, so that was good timing in my part to be ready to leave 2 hours later. Thanks Jeremy for the info. As I walked outside, I could hear the GE and GP38's climbing the hill into Quispamsis. Definately a nice sound only I could love. I decided to make a detour into Saint John...well, not into Saint John, but just outside, at the entrance to the Kenebecasis Park road. I arrived about 3 minutes before 406 did, and here is the result:



Not a bad way to start the trip. A quick stop for gas and coffee, and I was ready to hit the road. I arrived in Moncton at around 6am. All was quiet until around 8:30am, when CN 305's crew were ready to move and collect their train. While I was waiting, I saw CN 8853 over near the intermodal pad. I assumed they were using that unit for the Safety Day, and I was right.


(Here it is heading over to the shops)

At around 8:30am, Kevin, aka KRG2645 showed, and we talked for a few minutes, then decided to venture over to Berry Mills to catch CN 305 depart. When we arrived, we both set up for our shots. I decided to try a different angle. Hopefully it turned out alright. I decided to save this video in HQ, as Youtube has been uploading my videos slower lately, and this video was a large file.




It really got interesting after that.

Part 2 later...

1 comment: