Show me an example Saintjohnrailfan's Ultimate Adventures: Saturday To Sussex

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Saturday To Sussex

Well, on Saturday, I figured that I'd attempt to follow CN 405 from Saint John to Sussex and try to get a few videos along the way.

Well, first thing, CN 405 heads over to Courtnay Bay to collect potash cars for the trip to Moncton.



I decided to try to get 405 outside of Saint John. I knew that I wanted to catch it at Hampton, but I wanted to get it before there. Hence, I decided that I would get my next video from Park Drive, which is just outside of Saint John. A bonus with having this spot is that it was quick access to the highway to Hampton. Here's the video:



Once I got to the highway, I quickly made my way to Hampton for my next shot. About 5 minutes after I got to Hampton, CN 405 came around the corner. Here's 405 through Hampton, NB with 113 cars.



My next plan was to catch it just outside of Sussex. After I left Hampton, it didn't take long for me to get ahead of it again. Once I arrived in Sussex, It took 405 about 10 minutes to arrive. Here's the next video of 405 heading into Sussex, NB.



I was originally going to call it a day there, but once I found out that 405 would have to stop at McCully's in Penobsquis, I knew that I'd have time to get one more video. Alas, I headed over to the east side of Sussex, Penobsquis, to be more exact. Once CN dropped off the 23 potash cars at the head end of the train at McCully's, the rest of the train made it's way to Moncton, and of course, here it is:



After that, I decided to call it a day. I think it turned out to be a good day, and I'm happy that the rain held off.

2 comments:

Canadian Train Geek said...

A very good chase!

Saintjohnrailfan said...

Thanks Steve.

If only gas hadn't gone up 12 cents a litre, I might have chased it all the way to Moncton.